Saturday, November 14
We are in the midst of Three Weeks of Prayer together as a church. We are calling on you to join together as a church family for three weeks of prayer based on the example in Daniel. The challenge is to pray 3 times a day for 3 weeks for 3 different areas (our country, our church, and our family & friends). Each day for the three weeks we will provide you with three things to pray for our country and three things to pray for our church. You will decide the things to focus on in prayer for your family and friends. Join us!
- Pray that our leaders would reject the spirit and language of hate that dominates our public discourse and divides our nation. Pray that God’s Spirit would give them a desire for His righteousness and justice and not man’s.
- Pray for those who are feeling and experiencing the weight of isolation, loneliness, and despair that have been so amplified by the restrictions and fear of COVID. And pray for those Jesus has called to walk alongside them.
- James 1: 19-20: “Know this, my beloved brothers: let every person be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger; for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness that God requires.”
- Pray that Jesus continuously reminds us that our true citizenship is in heaven and that our true identity is in Jesus. Let us not be afraid of what the day brings, but rest calmly in the purposes He has prepared for us in advance..
- Pray for those who serve as our church elders. Pray and give thanks for their wisdom, leadership, faithfulness as they lead us through these difficult times.
- Colossians 3:15 (NLT): “And let the peace that comes from Christ rule in your hearts. For as members of one body you are called to live in peace. And always be thankful.“
Our Family and Friends:
- As God leads you for your family, your friends, neighbors, small group members, and co-workers.