WELCOME TO WOODLANDS IN PRAYER
Thanks for joining us!
30 Days of Fasting & Prayer:
We invite you to join us for 30 days of prayer and fasting to wrap up our “For the Sake of the NAME” Kingdom Expansion. Think of these 30 days as a fight and a journey. We fight in prayer together by praying each day for 5 mission critical prayer requests. We journey in prayer together by learning from key scriptures and stories of prayer. This app will be updated each day of these 30 days. If you missed Pastor Brian’s call to prayer message on 10/21 we encourage you to listen to it here.
Here is the format we will follow:
Imprint: A weekly memory verse.
Insight: A daily scripture on prayer.
Intercede: Five weekly prayer requests to labor in prayer for Kingdom expansion.
Inspiration: A daily story of prayer.
Imprint: (memorize this) Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the Lord with all your heart
And do not lean on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He will make your paths straight.
Insight: (reflect on this) Philippians 1:19-20
For I know that this will turn out for my deliverance through your prayers and the provision of the Spirit of Jesus Christ, according to my earnest expectation and hope, that I will not be put to shame in anything, but that with all boldness, Christ will even now, as always, be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death.
Intercede: (pray for these 5 things this week)
1) We ask that you would multiply many healthy churches in the Central Wisconsin Area, and give the ones that exist deep passion, focused purpose and all the resources they need to faithfully play their part in the Great Commission. And help us to always be kingdom minded, to team with other God honoring churches to see the NAME of Jesus exalted.
2) As we enter into the final week of our Kingdom Expansion process we pray that You would seal in our hearts, forever, the lessons we have learned through this process and in prayer, and the unity that we have enjoyed as we have sought to sacrifice together for the sake of Your NAME.
3) We pray for Your clear guidance and wisdom, as a church, as we take many focused next steps in December to move forward into the next phase of this Kingdom/building Expansion.
4) We pray for Your clear guidance and wisdom for families as they finalize their decisions about what You are calling them to do to help this Kingdom Expansion move forward. And fill all of our hearts with an unwavering desire to always: trust You, obey You, and treasure You above all else, in the choices we make.
5) Pour out on all of us a spirit of obedience, sacrifice and generosity so that enough money is committed to enable us to move forward with this Kingdom/building Expansion initiative.
Inspiration: (learn from this)
“In the midst of packing, I noticed that the diamond was missing from my wedding ring. I had been packing for hours. Packing multiple boxes in every room.
I told my husband Aaron and he started hunting frantically. I looked in the box I had been most recently packing. Nothing. I started getting annoyed at Aaron, undoing all my hard work. This was a small diamond. There was no way we would find it.
“You aren’t even going to pray about it?” Aaron asked as he continued looking.
I sat at our empty table and put my head in my hands. I was annoyed. I hadn’t even wanted a diamond. So stupid, spending so much on something tiny that could be lost in an instant.
But then I was reminded of the moment Aaron gave me this ring. His nervous smile, the beautiful lake as the sun was setting. I thought about the fact that he handpicked this particular diamond. This was a one of a kind ring that Aaron made for just for me. I loved this ring. Because I loved this man. So I prayed.
God…forgive me. For being angry. For being prideful. Please help us find this diamond. I know it’s just a ring. I know it’s just a possession. But help us find it. Just to show Aaron that you can. That You speak.
After that prayer I stayed silent. And I heard a voice. Not an audible voice. It just sounded like a thought. But it said “Eragon” (a title of one of my books). So I got up, went into the library, and opened the enormous suitcase. At the bottom was the Eragon, I picked it up and right underneath the left corner was a tiny shimmer. My diamond.
If I hadn’t been challenged to pray, there is no doubt in my mind that we never would have found it.
But there it was. Right where He said it would be. I don’t know why God chose to answer this prayer, but be encouraged that He answers the prayers of regular people about regular things.”
-Tory Esqueda, Woodlands Church staff member
Click here to view Woodlands in the Word.