WELCOME TO WOODLANDS IN PRAYER
Thanks for joining us!
30 Days of Fasting & Prayer:
We invite you to join us for 30 days of prayer and fasting to wrap up our “For the Sake of the NAME” Kingdom Expansion. Think of these 30 days as a fight and a journey. We fight in prayer together by praying each day for 5 mission critical prayer requests. We journey in prayer together by learning from key scriptures and stories of prayer. This app will be updated each day of these 30 days. If you missed Pastor Brian’s call to prayer message on 10/21 we encourage you to listen to it here.
Here is the format we will follow:
Imprint: A weekly memory verse.
Insight: A daily scripture on prayer.
Intercede: Five weekly prayer requests to labor in prayer for Kingdom expansion.
Inspiration: A daily story of prayer.
Imprint: (memorize this) Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the Lord with all your heart
And do not lean on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He will make your paths straight.
Insight: (reflect on this) 2 Corinthians 10:3-5
“For though we walk in the flesh, we are not waging war according to the flesh. For the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh but have divine power to destroy strongholds. We destroy arguments and every lofty opinion raised against the knowledge of God, and take every thought captive to obey Christ.”
Intercede: (pray for these 5 things this week)
1) We ask that you would multiply many healthy churches in the Central Wisconsin Area, and give the ones that exist deep passion, focused purpose and all the resources they need to faithfully play their part in the Great Commission. And help us to always be kingdom minded, to team with other God honoring churches to see the NAME of Jesus exalted.
2) As we enter into the final week of our Kingdom Expansion process we pray that You would seal in our hearts, forever, the lessons we have learned through this process and in prayer, and the unity that we have enjoyed as we have sought to sacrifice together for the sake of Your NAME.
3) We pray for Your clear guidance and wisdom, as a church, as we take many focused next steps in December to move forward into the next phase of this Kingdom/building Expansion.
4) We pray for Your clear guidance and wisdom for families as they finalize their decisions about what You are calling them to do to help this Kingdom Expansion move forward. And fill all of our hearts with an unwavering desire to always: trust You, obey You, and treasure You above all else, in the choices we make.
5) Pour out on all of us a spirit of obedience, sacrifice and generosity so that enough money is committed to enable us to move forward with this Kingdom/building Expansion initiative.
Inspiration: (learn from this)
Prayer by John Piper
Unless I’m badly mistaken, one of the main reasons so many of God’s children don’t have a significant life of prayer is not so much that we don’t want to, but that we don’t plan to. If you want to take a four-week vacation, you don’t just get up one summer morning and say, “Hey, let’s go today!” You won’t have anything ready. You won’t know where to go. Nothing has been planned.
But this is how many of us treat prayer. We get up day after day and realize that significant times of prayer should be a part of our life, but nothing’s ever ready. We don’t know where to go. Nothing has been planned. No time. No place. No procedure. And we all know that the opposite of planning is not a wonderful flow of deep, spontaneous experiences in prayer. The opposite of planning is the rut. If you don’t plan a vacation, you will probably stay home and watch TV. The natural, unplanned flow of spiritual life sinks to the lowest ebb of vitality. There is a race to be run and a fight to be fought. If you want renewal in your life of prayer, you must plan to see it.
Therefore, my simple exhortation is this: Let us take time this very day to rethink our priorities and how prayer fits in. Make some new resolve. Try some new venture with God. Set a time. Set a place. Choose a portion of Scripture to guide you. Don’t be tyrannized by the press of busy days. We all need midcourse corrections. Make this a day of turning to prayer – for the glory of God and for the fullness of your joy.
We are so grateful that you journeyed with us for these 30 Days of Fasting & Prayer! We hope that this tool has enabled you to live out the words above from John Piper - for the glory of God! Check back on Monday, November 26th for more information about the future structure of the prayer tool.
Click here to view Woodlands in the Word.