WELCOME TO WOODLANDS IN PRAYER
Thanks for joining us!
30 Days of Fasting & Prayer:
We invite you to join us for 30 days of prayer and fasting to wrap up our “For the Sake of the NAME” Kingdom Expansion. Think of these 30 days as a fight and a journey. We fight in prayer together by praying each day for 5 mission critical prayer requests. We journey in prayer together by learning from key scriptures and stories of prayer. This app will be updated each day of these 30 days. If you missed Pastor Brian’s call to prayer message on 10/21 we encourage you to listen to it here.
Here is the format we will follow:
Imprint: A weekly memory verse.
Insight: A daily scripture on prayer.
Intercede: Five weekly prayer requests to labor in prayer for Kingdom expansion.
Inspiration: A daily story of prayer.
30 Days of Fasting & Prayer:
Imprint: (memorize this) 2 Corinthians 9:6-8
Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously. Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.
Insight: (reflect on this) James 5:16-18
Therefore, confess your sins to one another, and pray for one another so that you may be healed. The effective prayer of a righteous man can accomplish much. Elijah was a man with a nature like ours, and he prayed earnestly that it would not rain, and it did not rain on the earth for three years and six months. Then he prayed again, and the sky poured rain and the earth produced its fruit.
Intercede: (pray for these 5 things this week)
1) As we expand, we ask that with the tool of this new building You would enable us to love and serve our community better, with new local ministries that address points of real need and lead people to Jesus.
2) Through a larger home base we ask that You would give us new global ministries and increase our footprint of influence in the world through global partnerships and missionary personnel, for the sake of the NAME.
3) We pray that You would use this process of Kingdom Expansion to unify us and to refocus us, and to reenergize us around Your great gospel purposes. Through our engagement in this effort make us an even stronger army of Your ambassadors and servants.
4) Give courage to families and individuals to honestly and openly talk, pray, think and listen to You about their part in this Kingdom Expansion, during these final two weeks. Give us the same widespread participation in Kingdom Expansion that happened in the building of the tabernacle.
5) Pour out on all of us a spirit of obedience, sacrifice and generosity so that enough money is committed to enable us to move forward with this Kingdom/building expansion initiative.
Inspiration: (learn from this)
*A story about a family who attends Woodlands:
“Melissa has two autistic sons and was battling multiple myeloma for a year. None of the treatments were working. She tried an experimental drug, being the first female IN THE WORLD to try it. Five men before her were completely cured. In the midst of her circumstances, in July her husband got a rare spinal infection that went septic. Sadly, it has left him paralyzed. She was overwhelmed with grief and our Life Group was praying day and night for this family. She said in group one night... ‘I cannot do all this. I told God, I just cannot battle cancer, take care of two autistic sons, work full time, and now take care of my paralyzed husband who’s life has been turned upside down. One of these things needs a cure. Please God, relieve us from just one of these.’
At the end of her 8 week experimental trial drug (September) the bloodwork came back cancer free. No detection of multiple myeloma... and God took it a step further and took away all the cancer gene markers she had. There should be no reoccurrence now she was told. The doc said it’s a miracle. And now she tells this story of how God gave her the miracle... a direct answer to prayer...”
-Erin Huffman, Woodlands attendee
Click here to view Woodlands in the Word.