WELCOME TO WOODLANDS IN PRAYER
Thanks for joining us!
30 Days of Fasting & Prayer:
We invite you to join us for 30 days of prayer and fasting to wrap up our “For the Sake of the NAME” Kingdom Expansion. Think of these 30 days as a fight and a journey. We fight in prayer together by praying each day for 5 mission critical prayer requests. We journey in prayer together by learning from key scriptures and stories of prayer. This app will be updated each day of these 30 days. If you missed Pastor Brian’s call to prayer message on 10/21 we encourage you to listen to it here.
Here is the format we will follow:
Imprint: A weekly memory verse.
Insight: A daily scripture on prayer.
Intercede: Five weekly prayer requests to labor in prayer for Kingdom expansion.
Inspiration: A daily story of prayer.
30 Days of Fasting & Prayer:
Imprint: (memorize this) 2 Corinthians 9:6-8
Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously. Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.
Insight: (reflect on this) 2 Chronicles 7:13-16
When I shut up the heavens so that there is no rain, or command the locust to devour the land, or send pestilence among my people, if my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land. Now my eyes will be open and my ears attentive to the prayer that is made in this place. For now I have chosen and consecrated this house that my name may be there forever. My eyes and my heart will be there for all time.
Intercede: (pray for these 5 things this week)
1) As we expand, we ask that with the tool of this new building You would enable us to love and serve our community better, with new local ministries that address points of real need and lead people to Jesus.
2) Through a larger home base we ask that You would give us new global ministries and increase our footprint of influence in the world through global partnerships and missionary personnel, for the sake of the NAME.
3) We pray that You would use this process of Kingdom Expansion to unify us and to refocus us, and to reenergize us around Your great gospel purposes. Through our engagement in this effort make us an even stronger army of Your ambassadors and servants.
4) Give courage to families and individuals to honestly and openly talk, pray, think and listen to You about their part in this Kingdom Expansion, during these final two weeks. Give us the same widespread participation in Kingdom Expansion that happened in the building of the tabernacle.
5) Pour out on all of us a spirit of obedience, sacrifice and generosity so that enough money is committed to enable us to move forward with this Kingdom/building expansion initiative.
Inspiration: (learn from this)
The puritans were known for their rich prayer life, and often wrote out their prayers. Here’s one from the book, “Valley of Vision”. Use it as a source of inspiration today.
Thy cause, not my own, engages my heart,
and I appeal to thee with greatest freedom
to set up thy kingdom in every place where Satan reigns;
Glorify thyself and I shall rejoice,
for to bring honour to thy name is my sole desire.
I adore thee that thou art God,
and long that others should know it, feel it,
and rejoice in it.
O that all men might love and praise thee,
that thou mightest have all glory from the intelligent world!
Let sinners be brought to thee for thy dear name!
To the eyes of reason everything respecting the conversion of others
is ask dark as midnight,
But thou canst accomplish great things;
the cause is thine,
and it is to thy glory that men should be saved.
Lord, use me as thou wilt,
do with me that thou wilt;
but, O, promote thy cause,
let thy kingdom come,
let thy blessed interest be advanced in this world!
O do thou bring in great numbers to Jesus!
let me see that glorious day,
and give me to grasp for multitudes of souls;
let me be willing to die to that end;
and while I live let me labour for thee
to the utmost of my strength,
spending time profitably in this work,
both in health and in weakness.
It is thy cause and kingdom I long for, not my own.
O, answer thou my request!
Click here to view Woodlands in the Word.