WELCOME TO WOODLANDS IN PRAYER
Thanks for joining us!
30 Days of Fasting & Prayer:
We invite you to join us for 30 days of prayer and fasting to wrap up our “For the Sake of the NAME” Kingdom Expansion. Think of these 30 days as a fight and a journey. We fight in prayer together by praying each day for 5 mission critical prayer requests. We journey in prayer together by learning from key scriptures and stories of prayer. This app will be updated each day of these 30 days. If you missed Pastor Brian’s call to prayer message on 10/21 we encourage you to listen to it here.
Here is the format we will follow:
Imprint: A weekly memory verse.
Insight: A daily scripture on prayer.
Intercede: Five weekly prayer requests to labor in prayer for Kingdom expansion.
Inspiration: A daily story of prayer.
30 Days of Fasting & Prayer:
Imprint: (memorize this) 1 Chronicles 29:16 (NIV)
Lord our God, all this abundance that we have provided for building you a temple for your Holy Name comes from your hand, and all of it belongs to you.
Insight: (reflect on this) Acts 6:2-4
So the Twelve gathered all the disciples together and said, “It would not be right for us to neglect the ministry of the word of God in order to wait on tables. Brothers and sisters, choose seven men from among you who are known to be full of the Spirit and wisdom. We will turn this responsibility over to them and will give our attention to prayer and the ministry of the word.”
Intercede: (pray for these 5 things this week)
1) As we each consider our part in giving to this Kingdom/building expansion, give us willing and joyful hearts, filled with trust in Your faithfulness, and courage to obey.
2) In the years to come use this initiative to enable many more people to experience Biblical community, and as we grow larger, cause our community to grow even deeper.
3) Give wisdom to the building committee and architect as they develop detailed plans for the new building.
4) Use this process of seeking you to deepen our conviction that in your eyes we are owners of nothing and stewards of everything. And teach us to live as stewards.
5) Pour out on all of us a spirit of obedience, sacrifice and generosity so that enough money is committed to enable us to move forward with this Kingdom/building expansion initiative.
Inspiration: (learn from this)
Five years after 17-year-old Trayvon Martin was shot by George Zimmerman in 2012, Time magazine interviewed his parents, Sybrina and Tracy, who wrote a book about their ordeal, Rest in Power. The Martins told Time that they wrote their story to "encourage another family that has gone through the loss of a child." Trayvon's father Tracy shares that he has a hole in his heart, and he is "still healing through helping others." Tracy still laments: "[My] son was unarmed, and he was a 17-year-old and he didn't deserve to die in that manner. We missed out on the rest of his life. When you lose a child, it is a different type of pain, a different type of hurt. You never get over it."
Then the interviewer asked, "You have a deep faith in God and trust in Scripture. How has your faith changed since Trayvon's death?" Tracy Martin said, "There is only one way to come out of that dark place, and that is the power of prayer. I've heard people say we were a chosen family. I don't believe that; I just believe that God doesn't make mistakes.
-Elizabeth Dias, Interview with parents of Trayvon Martin, Sybrina Fulton and Tracy Martin,Time (2-6-17);
Click here to view Woodlands in the Word.