WELCOME TO WOODLANDS IN PRAYER
Thanks for joining us!
30 Days of Fasting & Prayer:
We invite you to join us for 30 days of prayer and fasting to wrap up our “For the Sake of the NAME” Kingdom Expansion. Think of these 30 days as a fight and a journey. We fight in prayer together by praying each day for 5 mission critical prayer requests. We journey in prayer together by learning from key scriptures and stories of prayer. This app will be updated each day of these 30 days. If you missed Pastor Brian’s call to prayer message on 10/21 we encourage you to listen to it here.
Here is the format we will follow:
Imprint: A weekly memory verse.
Insight: A daily scripture on prayer.
Intercede: Five weekly prayer requests to labor in prayer for Kingdom expansion.
Inspiration: A daily story of prayer.
30 Days of Fasting & Prayer:
Imprint: (memorize this) 1 Chronicles 29:16 (NIV)
Lord our God, all this abundance that we have provided for building you a temple for your Holy Name comes from your hand, and all of it belongs to you.
Insight: (reflect on this)
Acts 1:14: They all joined together constantly in prayer, along with the women and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with his brothers.
Acts 2:42: They devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and to fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer.
Intercede: (pray for these 5 things this week)
1) As we each consider our part in giving to this Kingdom/building expansion, give us willing and joyful hearts, filled with trust in Your faithfulness, and courage to obey.
2) In the years to come use this initiative to enable many more people to experience Biblical community, and as we grow larger, cause our community to grow even deeper.
3) Give wisdom to the building committee and architect as they develop detailed plans for the new building.
4) Use this process of seeking you to deepen our conviction that in your eyes we are owners of nothing and stewards of everything. And teach us to live as stewards.
5) Pour out on all of us a spirit of obedience, sacrifice and generosity so that enough money is committed to enable us to move forward with this Kingdom/building expansion initiative.
Inspiration: (learn from this)
I was praying for two “twenty something" volunteers for the TechArts ministry that I manage. Within one week two different friends approached me and each said something like, “I know a young man who is very good at tech stuff and would be interested in working TechArts.” Both have already started and are a great addition to the ministry - and yes, they are in the age range I was looking for. And THEY were looking for a way to be involved at Woodlands.
Also, my wife and I were praying separately about how, and how much to invest in the upcoming Kingdom Expansion. We came together to see what the Lord was saying - and found we had very nearly the same amount in mind. Then, over two weeks we came to a plan to get there. We have never in our almost 40 years of marriage come to such an easy and joyful consensus on an important financial decision.
-Rick Satterthwaite, Director of Technical Arts at Woodlands Church
Click here to view Woodlands in the Word.