WELCOME TO WOODLANDS IN PRAYER
Thanks for joining us!
30 Days of Fasting & Prayer:
We invite you to join us for 30 days of prayer and fasting to wrap up our “For the Sake of the NAME” Kingdom Expansion. Think of these 30 days as a fight and a journey. We fight in prayer together by praying each day for 5 mission critical prayer requests. We journey in prayer together by learning from key scriptures and stories of prayer. This app will be updated each day of these 30 days. If you missed Pastor Brian’s call to prayer message on 10/21 we encourage you to listen to it here.
Here is the format we will follow:
Imprint: A weekly memory verse.
Insight: A daily scripture on prayer.
Intercede: Five weekly prayer requests to labor in prayer for Kingdom expansion.
Inspiration: A daily story of prayer.
30 Days of Fasting & Prayer:
Imprint: (memorize this) 2 Chronicles 20:12
“Oh our God, will You not judge them? For we are powerless before this great multitude who are coming against us; nor do we know what to do, but our eyes are on You.”
Insight: (reflect on this) Colossians 4:2-3
Devote yourselves to prayer, keeping alert in it with an attitude of thanksgiving;3 praying at the same time for us as well, that God will open up to us a door for the word, so that we may speak forth the mystery of Christ, for which I have also been imprisoned.
Intercede: (pray for these 5 things this week)
1) Give us all a heart to seek You diligently and dependently in prayer over these next 30 days for the sake of Your NAME and the future fruitfulness of Woodlands church.
2) Pour out on all of us a spirit of obedience, sacrifice and generosity so that enough money is committed to enable us to move forward with this Kingdom/building expansion initiative.
3) Give us the courage and perseverance to always remain focused and faithful to proclaim the Living Word (Jesus) and the written word (the Bible) in the years to come.
4) Protect us from division, disunity, apathy, sin and all the schemes of the evil one that he uses to destroy churches, so that through our church Your NAME would always be honored and glorified.
5) Speak clearly in these 30 days to each person that calls Woodlands church their home what part You would have each of us play in this Kingdom/building expansion, and give us the courage to obey.
Inspiration: (learn from this)
I was sitting at a lunch table at the Canadian Fellowship of Christian Assemblies Conference in Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada, in early October 2005. Paul Vallee, a pastor in Red Deer, Alberta, was recalling his early days as a youth pastor in a town far up in the northeastern part of the province. Another younger pastor at the table had been a member of Vallee's youth group back then.
Vallee and the younger pastor were talking about the time they loaded up a bus for an 11-hour ride to a youth retreat with the FCA church in Fort St. John, British Columbia. One girl in the group had said she would not be going, because she was prone to migraine headaches—especially when riding long distance in a vehicle.
"Oh, come on," her girlfriends pleaded with her. "We really want you to go with us. You'll be okay." In the end, the girl was won over.
About three hours into the bus ride, sure enough, the girl began to experience a fearsome migraine. She had told the group, including her youth pastor, that once the attacks started, there was no relief. She would be in agony for three or more days.
What was Vallee supposed to do as the leader of the group? Well, he did not ask for the shades to be drawn or for the kids to lower their noise level. He didn't take up a collection of Motrin or Advil. Instead, he called for prayer. As the bus kept going down the highway, the youth began a "rolling prayer meeting." They fervently called out for God's intervention on the girl's behalf. About 30 minutes later, her head came back up, her eyes were clear, and the migraine had stopped! "This is incredible," she said. "This never happens. I've never gotten relief until it ran its full course." But what was even more remarkable was that, as the following months and years went by, this girl never had a migraine again. God had healed her permanently that day on the bus.
-Dean Merrill, author and editor, from the message "Five Faces of Pentecost," given at the Christian Life College Fall Festival, Mount Prospect, Illinois (11-15-05)
Click here to view Woodlands in the Word.