WELCOME TO WOODLANDS IN PRAYER
Thanks for joining us!
30 Days of Fasting & Prayer:
We invite you to join us for 30 days of prayer and fasting to wrap up our “For the Sake of the NAME” Kingdom Expansion. Think of these 30 days as a fight and a journey. We fight in prayer together by praying each day for 5 mission critical prayer requests. We journey in prayer together by learning from key scriptures and stories of prayer. This app will be updated each day of these 30 days. If you missed Pastor Brian’s call to prayer message on 10/21 we encourage you to listen to it here.
Here is the format we will follow:
Imprint: A weekly memory verse.
Insight: A daily scripture on prayer.
Intercede: Five weekly prayer requests to labor in prayer for Kingdom expansion.
Inspiration: A daily story of prayer.
30 Days of Fasting & Prayer:
Imprint: (memorize this) 2 Chronicles 20:12
“Oh our God, will You not judge them? For we are powerless before this great multitude who are coming against us; nor do we know what to do, but our eyes are on You.”
Insight: (reflect on this) 2 Thessalonians 3:1
Finally, brethren, pray for us that the word of the Lord will spread rapidly and be glorified, just as it did also with you.
Intercede: (pray for these 5 things this week)
1) Give us all a heart to seek You diligently and dependently in prayer over these next 30 days for the sake of Your NAME and the future fruitfulness of Woodlands church.
2) Pour out on all of us a spirit of obedience, sacrifice and generosity so that enough money is committed to enable us to move forward with this Kingdom/building expansion initiative.
3) Give us the courage and perseverance to always remain focused and faithful to proclaim the Living Word (Jesus) and the written word (the Bible) in the years to come.
4) Protect us from division, disunity, apathy, sin and all the schemes of the evil one that he uses to destroy churches, so that through our church Your NAME would always be honored and glorified.
5) Speak clearly in these 30 days to each person that calls Woodlands church their home what part You would have each of us play in this Kingdom/building expansion, and give us the courage to obey.
Inspiration: (learn from this)
I was born in the waning days of vinyl records. I would watch as my father pulled them from their sleeves and placed them on the turntable. When the needle dropped into the record's grooves, the speakers popped to life with a tide of white noise that was chased away by music. Some records were so worn that they hiccuped along or—even worse—repeated a section, over and over again.
The sound of a broken record—such are my prayers at times. The yellowed pages of my journals betray my stubborn consistency about this request or that concern. I rap on God's door, morning, noon, and night, half wishing I could blow the great house down and see some results!
I often reflect on the spirited persistence of my prayers; there is a fine line between bold and bullheaded. But in my pondering, I think back on the great texts on prayer and the great prayers themselves. Alongside honesty and deep worship, you will most often find the quality of persistence. It seems the hiccuped, repetitious sounds from another room are music to the ears of God. He listens along with us. At times, he even sets the needle right.
Brian Lowery, associate editor, PreachingToday.com
Click here to view Woodlands in the Word.