WELCOME TO WOODLANDS IN PRAYER
Thanks for joining us!
30 Days of Fasting & Prayer:
We invite you to join us for 30 days of prayer and fasting to wrap up our “For the Sake of the NAME” Kingdom Expansion. Think of these 30 days as a fight and a journey. We fight in prayer together by praying each day for 5 mission critical prayer requests. We journey in prayer together by learning from key scriptures and stories of prayer. This app will be updated each day of these 30 days. If you missed Pastor Brian’s call to prayer message on 10/21 we encourage you to listen to it here.
Here is the format we will follow:
Imprint: A weekly memory verse.
Insight: A daily scripture on prayer.
Intercede: Five weekly prayer requests to labor in prayer for Kingdom expansion.
Inspiration: A daily story of prayer.
30 Days of Fasting & Prayer:
Imprint: (memorize this) 2 Chronicles 20:12
“Oh our God, will You not judge them? For we are powerless before this great multitude who are coming against us; nor do we know what to do, but our eyes are on You.”
Insight: (reflect on this) Matthew 6:9-10
Pray, then, in this way: Our Father who is in heaven, Hallowed be Your name. Your kingdom come. Your will be done, On earth as it is in heaven.
Intercede: (pray for these 5 things this week)
1) Give us all a heart to seek You diligently and dependently in prayer over these next 30 days for the sake of Your NAME and the future fruitfulness of Woodlands church.
2) Pour out on all of us a spirit of obedience, sacrifice and generosity so that enough money is committed to enable us to move forward with this Kingdom/building expansion initiative.
3) Give us the courage and perseverance to always remain focused and faithful to proclaim the Living Word (Jesus) and the written word (the Bible) in the years to come.
4) Protect us from division, disunity, apathy, sin and all the schemes of the evil one that he uses to destroy churches, so that through our church Your NAME would always be honored and glorified.
5) Speak clearly in these 30 days to each person that calls Woodlands church their home what part You would have each of us play in this Kingdom/building expansion, and give us the courage to obey.
Inspiration: (learn from this)
Some say that prayer, and "the spiritual life", or "the inner life", or the soul's private love affair with God, is an unaffordable luxury today, or an irresponsible withdrawal from the pressing public problems of our poor, hurting world. I say just the opposite: that nothing, nothing is more relevant and responsible; that nothing else can ever cure our sick world except saints, and saints are never made except by prayer.
Nothing but saints can save our world because the deepest root of all the world's diseases is sin, and saints are the antibodies that fight sin.
Nothing but prayer can make saints because nothing but God can make saints, and we meet God in prayer. Prayer is the hospital for souls where we meet Doctor God.
-Peter Kreeft, Prayer for Beginners(Ignatius Press, 2000), page 14
Click here to view Woodlands in the Word.