WELCOME TO WOODLANDS IN PRAYER
Thanks for joining us!
30 Days of Fasting & Prayer:
We invite you to join us for 30 days of prayer and fasting to wrap up our “For the Sake of the NAME” Kingdom Expansion. Think of these 30 days as a fight and a journey. We fight in prayer together by praying each day for 5 mission critical prayer requests. We journey in prayer together by learning from key scriptures and stories of prayer. This app will be updated each day of these 30 days. If you missed Pastor Brian’s call to prayer message on 10/21 we encourage you to listen to it here.
Here is the format we will follow:
Imprint: A weekly memory verse.
Insight: A daily scripture on prayer.
Intercede: Five weekly prayer requests to labor in prayer for Kingdom expansion.
Inspiration: A daily story of prayer.
Tuesday, October 23:
Imprint: (memorize this) 2 Chronicles 20:12
“Oh our God, will You not judge them? For we are powerless before this great multitude who are coming against us; nor do we know what to do, but our eyes are on You.”
Insight: (reflect on this) Ephesians 6:10&18
10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of His might. 18 With all prayer and petition pray at all times in the Spirit, and with this in view, be on the alert with all perseverance and petition for all the saints,
Intercede: (pray for these 5 things this week)
1) Give us all a heart to seek You diligently and dependently in prayer over these next 30 days for the sake of Your NAME and the future fruitfulness of Woodlands church.
2) Pour out on all of us a spirit of obedience, sacrifice and generosity so that enough money is committed to enable us to move forward with this Kingdom/building expansion initiative.
3) Give us the courage and perseverance to always remain focused and faithful to proclaim the Living Word (Jesus) and the written word (the Bible) in the years to come.
4) Protect us from division, disunity, apathy, sin and all the schemes of the evil one that he uses to destroy churches, so that through our church Your NAME would always be honored and glorified.
5) Speak clearly in these 30 days to each person that calls Woodlands church their home what part You would have each of us play in this Kingdom/building expansion, and give us the courage to obey.
Inspiration: (learn from this)
The Christian human rights group International Justice Mission (IJM) sets a powerful example of weaving habits of prayer into their daily practices. Every staff member spends the first 30 minutes of the workday in silence—for prayer, meditation, and spiritual reflection. IJM also gathers staff for 30 minutes of daily corporate prayer, in addition to hosting quarterly offsite spiritual retreats and providing employees with an annual day for private spiritual retreat.
This commitment may seem extravagant, especially in the nonprofit sector. But IJM CEO Gary Haugen believes "prayerless striving" leads only to exhaustion. "I have learned just how crucial it is to settle my soul in the presence of Jesus every morning," said Haugen, who has worked for two decades to combat human trafficking and other forms of violence against the poor. "Even though it is tempting to hurry into our work, we intentionally still ourselves and connect with our maker: the God who delights in restoring and encouraging his children."
-Jedd Medefind, "The Fight for Social Justice Starts Within," Christianity Today (6-21-17)
Click here to view Woodlands in the Word.