WELCOME TO WOODLANDS IN PRAYER
Thanks for joining us!
To view this tool on our website click here.
30 Days of Fasting & Prayer:
We invite you to join us for 30 days of prayer and fasting to wrap up our “For the Sake of the NAME” Kingdom Expansion. Think of these 30 days as a fight and a journey. We fight in prayer together by praying each day for 5 mission critical prayer requests. We journey in prayer together by learning from key scriptures and stories of prayer. This app will be updated each day of these 30 days. If you missed Pastor Brian’s call to prayer message on 10/21 we encourage you to listen to it here.
Here is the format we will follow:
Imprint: A weekly memory verse.
Insight: A daily scripture on prayer.
Intercede: Five weekly prayer requests to labor in prayer for Kingdom expansion.
Inspiration: A daily story of prayer.
Day 1 October 22nd:
Imprint: (memorize this) 2 Chronicles 20:12 “Oh our God, will You not judge them? For we are powerless before this great multitude who are coming against us; nor do we know what to do, but our eyes are on You.”
Insight: (reflect on this) 2 Corinthians 10:3-5 “For though we walk in the flesh, we are not waging war according to the flesh. For the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh but have divine power to destroy strongholds. We destroy arguments and every lofty opinion raised against the knowledge of God, and take every thought captive to obey Christ.”
Intercede: (pray for these 5 things this week)
1) Give us all a heart to seek You diligently and dependently in prayer over these next 30 days for the sake of Your NAME and the future fruitfulness of Woodlands church.
2) Pour out on all of us a spirit of obedience, sacrifice and generosity so that enough money is committed to enable us to move forward with this Kingdom/building expansion initiative.
3) Give us the courage and perseverance to always remain focused and faithful to proclaim the Living Word (Jesus) and the written word (the Bible) in the years to come.
4) Protect us from division, disunity, apathy, sin and all the schemes of the evil one that he uses to destroy churches, so that through our church Your NAME would always be honored and glorified.
5) Speak clearly in these 30 days to each person that calls Woodlands church their home what part You would have each of us play in this Kingdom/building expansion, and give us the courage to obey.
Inspiration:(learn from this)
“In 2010 a group of eight people from two churches felt called to the Detroit Boulevard neighborhood of Sacramento. It was known as one of the most notorious crime-ridden neighborhoods in all of Sacramento. Each house in that neighborhood was a place of danger. Nonetheless this group of eight decided to walk through the neighborhood praying over each home and praying for the presence of Christ to reign over violence, addiction, and satanic oppression. They began walking through the neighborhood, praying over each home and rebuking the demonic strongholds of addiction and violence.
One of the eight, former Sacramento police officer and gang detective Michael Xiong, reported that "each time we prayed over the houses, we felt the weight of oppression becoming lighter." A woman from one of the houses confronted them. When she discovered they were praying for the community, she asked for healing, and God healed her.
The group soon physically moved into the neighborhood and started what they called Detroit Life Church. A couple years later a local newspaper, the Sacramento Bee, reported that there were no homicides, robberies, or sex crimes, and only one assault in Detroit Boulevard between 2013 and 2014. Detroit Boulevard had been transformed by a small group of people who began their ministry in the neighborhood by praying around houses, streets, and parks for the power of Satan to be vanquished. Kingdom prayer in body is what it means to be faithfully present to his presence in the world.”
-David E. Fitch, Seven Practices for the Church on Mission (IVP Press, 2018), pages 120-121—
Click here to view Woodlands in the Word.