WELCOME TO WOODLANDS IN PRAYER
Thanks for joining us! During the month of December we’ll be reformatting this prayer tool. You will see these changes in January. Until then, please join us to pray over these five prayer prompts this week. We would appreciate your feedback as we make changes to this tool, you can share it with us by filling out this short survey!
1) Districts: Each January, we send a pack of junior and high school students to Green Bay to a conference called Districts. Pray for the student ministries office as they nail down all of the logistics and details involved in sending over 200 students and leaders. Pray for the students and leaders - this is a place where many kids will come to Christ. Pray that the Lord would impact their lives for a lifetime.
2) Bell Ringing: This year small groups of students are ringing bells for the Salvation Army as well as adults and families engaging in the Bears/Packers Challenge. Pray that enough volunteers would sign up for the Bears/Packers Challenge happening this Saturday.
In a season that can seem saturated by consumerism, the Red Kettle campaign reminds us to focus outward, beyond our own families to those who will struggle this holiday season to provide basic needs for their loved ones. Pray for the families that will be impacted through the Red Kettle campaign - that they will recognize that God gave us the best gift of salvation in His Son
3) Bolivia Compassion Team: We are sending a team from Woodlands down to Cochabamba, Bolivia this March. Our current team has 15 participants. Pray that God would be working early in these participants to follow Him obediently and joyfully, that He would unify the team under His vision and purpose for them, and that above all, He would be glorified in the sending of this team.
4) GroupLife Connect: The beginning of January is a time we set aside to launch and refocus on getting our congregants connected into transformational groups through our GroupLife Connect. Ministries are preparing for this now. Pray that the Holy Spirit would be moving as they are making decisions about what classes to offer and pray that there would be groups open to new members. Pray that the Holy Spirit would be moving and stirring in the hearts of those who are not yet connected in a Life Group or class- that they would take the courageous step to get connected deeper into the life of Woodlands Church by signing up for a group or class.
5) Congregational Meeting: Praise God for the way He is unifying and stirring up excitement within our congregation to continue to pursue our purpose of reaching as many people for Him as quickly as we can! Praise Him for raising the amount needed to move into our next phase of the Kingdom Expansion campaign. Yesterday, we had a Congregational Meeting to vote on the proposal to move ahead with building the proposed addition and it passed! We are thanking and praising God for all that He has done through this process. Pray for wisdom and guidance as we take the next steps to move forward.
*If you want to help improve this tool, please fill out a short, two question survey here.
Click here to view Woodlands in the Word.