Sunday, November 22
Today is our last day of the Three Weeks of Prayer exercise.
Tomorrow we will continue with three prompts along with Woodlands in the Word readings. If you’ve gotten into the habit of praying with us, we invite you to continue to join us here each weekday for prompts & readings!
- Pray for our nation’s leadership to have a growing hunger for that which is truly good. Pray for discernment to see beyond the immediate agendas to the long term impact the agendas may have on our culture and people, and thus make decisions for the long term benefit of both.
- Ask God to raise up men and women of faith and high character willing to lead at all levels within government, business and organizations. Pray they would be shrewd as serpents and gentle as doves able and willing to walk and lead with integrity in the midst of the storms.
- John 17:13–19 (NIV): “I am coming to you now, but I say these things while I am still in the world, so that they may have the full measure of my joy within them. I have given them your word and the world has hated them, for they are not of the world any more than I am of the world. My prayer is not that you take them out of the world but that you protect them from the evil one. They are not of the world, even as I am not of it. Sanctify them by the truth; your word is truth. As you sent me into the world, I have sent them into the world. For them I sanctify myself, that they too may be truly sanctified.”
- Pray that each regular attender at Woodlands would be connected to a smaller community of people within Woodlands willing to love, encourage and challenge them as they together walk ever more closely with Jesus.
- Pray that each regular attender would come to know and be empowered to use their Spiritual gifts in ways that build the church and bring joy to their hearts as we together seek to live out our purpose to be a Christ centered community helping people to faithfully follow Jesus both locally and globally, especially as we prepare to open our doors to hundreds more in our community.
- Colossians 4:2–6 (NIV): “Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful. And pray for us, too, that God may open a door for our message, so that we may proclaim the mystery of Christ, for which I am in chains. Pray that I may proclaim it clearly, as I should. Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity. Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.”
Our Family and Friends:
- As God leads you for your family, your friends, neighbors, small group members, and co-workers.