Thanks for checking out our blog! Please make sure to check back throughout our trip to see what we are up to and to get current prayer requests. We are so excited to head to Sumpango, Guatemala and grateful for the opportunity to do so. We trust God will do great things during this trip. It’s been neat to see Him at work already in our hearts as we prepare to serve and as we have raised support. We will update this blog as often as we can with prayer requests, stories and photos! For now we would appreciate prayers for the following:
- That our team would experience unity. We are traveling with 24 students and 7 adults. It’s been fun getting to know each other in the training and our prayer is that we would remain a unified, grace-giving and flexible team!
- Pray for our hearts individually as we continue to prepare these last several days. Pray that God would be continuing to work on hearts, that we’d have sweet times with Him and that we would make it a priority to meet with Him daily.
- Pray for the outreaches that we will be doing while in Guatemala. That God would go before us to prepare hearts, that we would have clarity while planning for the outreaches, that we would communicate well despite language barriers, that we would build relationships and ultimately, that people would be pointed toward Christ and see their need for a relationship with God.
- Please also pray for our physical health. One of the biggest fears of the students going on the trip is that they will get sick while being away from home. Pray that sickness would be a minimal issue while we are in Guatemala.
- Pray for Spiritual Growth. Both the growth of the students (that they’d be aware of the Spirit’s leading in their lives & be able to process what God will be doing in their own hearts) and the growth of those in Guatemala who will be working with and serving.
We know that prayer is a huge factor in being able to effectively follow and serve the Lord so please join us in praying for this trip. We trust God will do big things as we submit our ways to Him. Thanks again for joining us on this journey! We are eager to go and be a part of what God is doing in Sumpango!
The Edge Guatemala Team : )