Are you interested in leading a group?
Do you enjoy helping others take the next step on their spiritual journey? Do you want to be a part of building Christ-centered people? If so, then leading a Life Group or class might be for you!
Here are some of the qualities we look for in potential group leaders:
This involves being faithful, available, teachable and committed to personal spiritual growth - a growing Christ-follower.
We ask leaders to guide, plan and lead the discussion.
A leader should encourage, pray, listen and serve the group. A successful leader asks, "Are my group members well-cared for?"
A leader keeps an eye open for potential new leaders within the group. It is one of the ways we launch new groups within the church.
NOTE: A group leader is not expected to be a teacher or Biblical scholar, have a strong personality, be the most popular person, or even an extrovert.
Next steps for leading a group:
- Prayerfully consider if this is where God wants you to serve.
- Contact Pastor David Hansen: As the GroupLife Pastor, he would love to hear about your interest in leading.
- Fill out the “Group Leader Application” (Receive this from David, Nancy or Beth)
- Schedule a time to sit down with Pastor David to discuss next steps.
- Attend the GroupLife orientation/training for new leaders.
Questions? Please contact Pastor David Hansen (715-341-0800).