Pastor Dave Bondeson
Pastor of Family Ministries
Series: “Stand Strong”
This Week: “Anchored in the Storm”
I thank God whom I serve, as did my ancestors, with a clear conscience, as I remember you constantly in my prayers night and day. As I remember your tears, I long to see you, that I may be filled with joy. I am reminded of your sincere faith, a faith that dwelt first in your grandmother Lois and your mother Eunice and now, I am sure, dwells in you as well. For this reason I remind you to fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you through the laying on of my hands, for God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control. 2 Tim. 1:3-7 ESV
Sermon Based Questions for September 24, 2017
1. What storms are you walking through right now? What have you found to be sustaining during those struggles?
2. What does it look like to have your life anchored during a storm? When you think about anchored lives, does anyone come to mind as an example?
3. Do you feel you’re part of a community that can speak into your life and exhort you to Christ-like living?
4. Do you think of church as a place with strong relationships, rooted in sincere love and regular prayer?
5. How can you be praying for others more regularly? How can you invite others to pray for you more regularly?
6. Think about your family. Were you raised in a family that you would say helped anchor your faith during hard times?
7. What’s one commitment you could make, to your family now, which would help create a ‘sincere-faith sustaining’ anchor?
8. What does it look like to ‘step out of the boat’ into the storm? Can you think of any examples of people you’ve seen do this or model this that might encourage others?
9. How does the gospel – the completed work of Jesus and something that God has finished, help us stand strong?